Digispark ATtiny85 Arduino-enabled Mini USB Dev Board
Complete USB Dev Board Cheap Enough to Leave in a Project
If you have never heard of the Digispark ATtiny board before, it may take you more than a moment to understand its full power and potential. So read this carefully:?
Firstly, it’s a 20MHz, AVR 8-bit microcontroller with 8 KB flash, 512 bytes of RAM ?(See the datasheet)
You get up to 5 GPIOs, 4 ADCs, 2 PWMs, 1 SPI and 1 I2C[*]?
Secondly, it’s fully compatible with Arduino (See instructions here)
Thirdly, it can be directly programmed via USB without needing any other programmer!
And finally, it is available at cheap price!!
[*] There are only a total of 6 pins, so you can’t get everything at the same time, of course.
This board was first launched in late 2012 on Kickstarter where it raised $300,000 in just 30 days. ?And till today, it remains one of the most popular choices for quick one-off projects that require a controller. ?Here are some examples from Instructables:
- Wearable ring watch?
- POV Display?
- Mini Weather Station?
- Mood Light?
- …And Many More!?
Before You Buy
Some soldering required: We send you the board, one 6 pin header and 1 3-pin header (see the second picture in the listing). ? You need to solder the pins yourself before you can connect other components to it.
USB Emulation: The micro (ATTiny85) does not have a proper USB peripheral. ?Instead it emulates a USB device during boot (you can also use this emulated USB after boot if you want). ?See here for details
Uploading a Sketch: Due to this USB emulation, the uploading procedure is slightly different for this board compared to normal Arduino. ?Please follow the instructions in the digistump wiki?
This is a great low cost development board, but it is not a full-fledged Arduino.?
- High Performance, Low Power AVR? 8-Bit Microcontroller
- Non-volatile Program and Data Memories
- 8K Bytes of In-System Programmable Program Memory Flash
- Endurance: 10,000 Write/Erase Cycles
- 512 Bytes In-System Programmable EEPROM
- Endurance: 100,000 Write/Erase Cycles
- 512 Bytes Internal SRAM
- Peripheral Features
- 2 High Frequency PWM Outputs with Separate Output Compare Registers
- USI ? Universal Serial Interface (12C, SPI, 1-wire) with Start Condition Detector
- 10-bit ADC
- 4 Single Ended Channels
- 2 Differential ADC Channel Pairs with Programmable Gain (1x, 20x)
- Speed Grade
- 0 ? 10 MHz @ 2.7 – 5.5V, 0 – 20 MHz @ 4.5 – 5.5V
- Industrial Temperature Range
- Low Power Consumption
- Active Mode:1 MHz, 1.8V: 300 ?A