Flexible Couplings are made of machined aluminium having?spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so that they can be fit to two shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects. Some of the important features of flexible shaft coupling are
- The helical cut makes them behave like a springy in the X Y and Z linear axis but not in the rotational axis. That means that you won’t get increased backlash – so they are suitable for precision CNC work.
- A coupling is a device used to connect two shafts together at their ends for the purpose of transmitting power. Couplings do not normally allow disconnection of shafts during operation, however there are torque limiting couplings which can slip or disconnect when some torque limit is exceeded.
- The primary purpose of couplings is to join two pieces of rotating equipment while permitting some degree of misalignment or end movement or both. By careful selection, installation and maintenance of couplings, substantial savings can be made in reduced maintenance costs and downtime.
- Flexible couplings can also be used for vibration damping or noise reduction.This coupling is used to protect the driving and driven shaft members against harmful effects produce due to misalignment of the shafts, sudden shock loads, shaft expansion or vibrations etc.
SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES :
- Material : Aluminium.
- Bore Diameter (Id1) : 5 MM.
- Bore Diameter (Id2) : 5 MM.
- Length (L): 25 MM.
- Mounting (M): M3 Set Screws 4Nos per coupler.
- Outer Diameter (OD) : 19 MM.
- Weight : 20 gm.
- Also known as : Beam coupling, helical coupling, Flexible coupling.