The SP Racing F3 Flight Controller Deluxe was designed to give awesome flight performance based on tried and tested sensors whilst also providing unparalleled I/O capabilities in a small and extremely lightweight form-factor using a next-generation CPU.
There are lots of cool features with this flight controller starting with a next-generation STM32 F3 processor with hardware floating point unit for efficient flight calculations and faster ARM-Cortex M4 core. It also comes with a high capacity black box flight log recorder that will help you optimize your tuning without the guesswork. ?Some more great features are the additional built-in sensors for altitude and direction with the barometer mounted on the bottom of the board for easy wind isolation. A dedicated output for programmable LEDs – great for orientation, racing and night flying. The no-compromise I/O supports all the features at the same time.
F3 runs the open-source Cleanflight flight control (FC) software which has an ever-growing community of friendly developers and users. Being open-source it allows you to contribute to the system. Cleanflight comes with a detailed manual that is reviewed and maintained by the Cleanflight developers and community. No more second-hand information.
The F3 Deluxe gives you all the features you need for the heart of your aircraft, whether you?re into FPV racing, acrobatic flying or aerial photography it?s perfect.
Pins and Ports:
- MicroUSB socket.
- 4x 4pin JST-SH sockets (I2C, SWD, 2xUART)
- 2x 8pin JST-SH sockets (PPM, PWM, SERIAL RX, GPIO, ADC, 3V, 5V, GND)
- 8x 3pin through-holes for pin headers for ESC/Servo connections.
- 2x 4pin through-holes for pin headers for 2x serial ports.
- 2x 2pin through-holes for pin headers for battery voltage and buzzer.
Follow the advice below for best performance and long-life of your flight controller:
- Apply resin/glue to reinforce JST-SH connectors – helps if you crash your aircraft.
- Using an enclosure/box for the flight-controller is recommended.
- Install open-cell foam under the pressure sensor – sandwich some between the FC
- and frame.
- Route motor/battery wires as far away from the compass sensor (magnetometer)
- as possible.
- Only install the BOOT jumper pins if you need them.
- Using color-coded pin headers is recommended (not supplied), especially for VBAT
- Do everything you can to prevent vibrations reaching the accelerometer/gyro sensor.e.g. balance props, motors, and secure everything
- No compromise I/O. Use all the features all the time; e.g. Connect your OSD + SmartPort + SBus + GPS + LED
- Strip + Battery Monitoring + Sonar + 8 motors – all at the same time!
- ?On-board high-capacity black box flight log recorder – optimize your tuning and see the results of your setup without
- guesswork ( Deluxe).
- Next-generation STM32 F3 processor with hardware floating point unit for efficient flight calculations and faster
- ARM-Cortex M4 core.
- ?Stackable design – perfect for integrating with OSDs and power distribution boards.
- 16 PWM I/O lines for ESCs, Servos and legacy receivers. 8 available on standard pin headers. 8 via side mounted connectors.
- Full support for OneShot ESCs for easy PID tuning and a sharper response.
- Supports SBus, SumH, SumD, Spektrum1024/2048, XBus, PPM, PWM receivers. No external inverters required (built-in).
- Dedicated output for programmable LEDs – great for orientation, racing and night flying.
- Dedicated I2C port for connection of OLED display without needing flight battery.
- Battery monitoring ports for voltage and current.
- Sonar support for precision low-altitude hold.
- Buzzer port for audible warnings and notifications.
- Developer friendly debugging port (SWD) and boot mode selection, unbreakable bootloader.
- Symmetrical design for a super tidy wiring.
- ?Wire up using pin headers, JST-SH sockets or solder pads. Use either right-angled or straight pin-headers.
- Barometer mounted on the bottom of the board for easy wind isolation.
- Loop times up to ~2x as fast as previous-generation STM32F1 based boards.
- A configuration of the flight controller via a cross-