The SIM800A Quad Band GSM/GPRS Module with RS232 Interface is a complete Quad-band GSM/GPRS solution in a LGA(Land grid array) type which can be embedded in the customer applications. SIM800A support Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, it can transmit Voice, SMS and data information with low power consumption. With tiny size of 100 x 53 x 15 mm, it can fit into slim and compact demands of customer design. Featuring and Embedded AT, it allows total cost savings and fast time-to-market for customer applications. Here are some GSM module in techtonics.in.
The SIM800A modem has a SIM800A GSM chip and RS232 interface while enables easy connection with the computer or laptop using the USB to Serial connector or to the micro-controller using the RS232 to TTL converter. Once you connect the SIM800A modem using the USB to RS232 connector, you need to find the correct COM port from the Device Manger of the USB to Serial Adapter. Then you can open Putty or any other terminal software and open an connection to that COM port at 9600 baud rate, which is the default baud rate of this modem. Once a serial connection is open through the computer or your micro-controller you can start sending the AT commands. When you send AT commands for example: “ATr” you should receive back a reply from the SIM800A modem saying “OK” or other response depending on the command send.
- Remote Data Monitor and Control.
- Water, gas and oil flow metering.
- AMR (automatic meter reading).
- Power station monitoring and control.
- Remote POS (point of sale) terminals.
- Traffic signals monitor and control.
- Fleet management.
- Power distribution network supervision.
- Central heating system supervision.
- Weather station data transmission.
- Hydro-logic data acquisition.
- Vending machine.
- Traffic info guidance.
- Parking meter and Taxi Monitor.
- Telecom equipment supervision (Mobile base station, microwave or optical relay station).
Package Includes :
1 x?SIM800 A Quad Band GSM/GPRS Modem with RS232 Interface.
4 x Female Header Connector.
Specifications and Features :
- Quad band 850/900/1800/1900MHz.
- GPRS class 2/10.
- Input Voltage : 9V-12V DC.
- Dimensions : 100 x 53 x 15 (L x W x H)mm.
- Weight : 40 gm.
- Low power.
- Operating temperature : 40 – 85C.
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT commandset).
- High Quality Product (Not hobby grade).
- 5V interface for direct communication with MCU kit.
- Configurable baud rate.
- Built in SIM Card holder.
- Built in Network Status LED.
- Inbuilt Powerful TCP/IP protocol stack for internet data transfer over GPRS.
Attachments and Links :
AT Commands :
SIM800 Schematic and Datasheet.