You want to make a cool robot, maybe a hexapod walker, or maybe just a piece of art with a lot of moving parts. Or maybe you want to drive a lot of LEDs with precise PWM output. Then you realize that your microcontroller has a limited number of PWM outputs! Here is the?Servo Driver Module Shield 16 Channel to help you out!!!
Using only two pins, control 16 free-running PWM outputs! You can even chain up 62 breakouts to control up to 992 PWM outputs
- It?s an I2C-controlled PWM driver with a built-in clock. That means that, unlike the TLC5940 family, you do not need to continuously send it the signal to tie up your microcontroller, it’s completely free running!
- It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V microcontroller and still safely drive up to 6V outputs (this is good for when you want to control white or blue LEDs with 3.4+ forward voltages)
- 6 address select pins so you can wire up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs ? that?s a lot of servos or LEDs
- Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz
- 12-bit resolution for each output ? for servos, that means about 4us resolution at a 60Hz update rate
- Configurable push-pull or an open-drain output
- The output enable pin to quickly disable all the outputs
We wrapped up this lovely chip into a breakout board with a couple of nice extras
- Terminal block for power input (or you can use the 0.1? breakouts on the side)
- Reverse polarity protection on the terminal block input
- Green power-good LED
- 3 pin connectors in groups of 4 so you can plug in 16 servos at once (Servo plugs are slightly wider than 0.1? so you can only stack 4 next to each other on 0.1? header
- ?Chain-able? design
- A spot to place a big capacitor on the V+ line (in case you need it)
- 330-ohm series resistors on all the output lines to protect them, and to make driving LEDs trivial
- Solder jumpers for the 6 address select pins
We have a wide range of Servo Motors and compatible Servo Cables available?in our online store, click below to explore now
- The I2C input, PWM output control 16 roads, steering gear can 16 roads.
- The steering gear power independent V + input maximum 6 V.
- Logic signals and logical power independent output for 3V to 5 V.
- 40-1000 Hz frequency.
Package Includes :
1 x?Servo Driver Module Shield 16 Channel.