A rotary encoder is a type of position sensor which is used for determining the angular position of a rotating shaft. It generates an electrical signal, either analog or digital, according to the rotational movement.
Orange 2500 PPR Incremental Optical Rotary Encoder is hi-resolution optical encoder with quadrature outputs for increment counting. It will give 10000 transitions per rotation between outputs A and B. whereas Z phase will produce one transition per rotation. A quadrature decoder is required to convert the pulses to an up count. The Encoder is build to Industrial grade.
The Encoder comes with Standard 2 meter long cable which can be extended with extra cable if needed.
- Consider Adding Pull up resistor to All A-B-Z phase of the encoder output to avoid the effect of interference in output and?get the precise logical output value from encoder
- Also?adding pull up resistor to all phase output line protects the open collector output-triode from damage due?to direct Vcc supply short circuit.
Power and Input Terminal Assignments:
|Terminal Name||Wire Color||Description|
|Phase A||White||Quadrature encoded output A|
|Phase B||Green||Quadrature encoded output B|
|Phase Z||Yellow||Quadrature encoded output Z|
|VCC||Red||VCC should be connected to +ve 5V of supply|
|GND||Black||Ground should be connected to negative of supply|
|Shield||Golden||Shield should be connected to GND|
Shielding is important. At a minimum, the cable should be protected either by a foil jacket with a drain wire or by a braided-wire shield that is grounded. For very sensitive applications or high-EMI environments, foil jacketed wires in combination with an overall braided-wire shield around the cable should be used to avoid the interference and precise?encoder output.
Output😕 ? NPN open collector
- High cost-efficient advantages.
- Incremental rotary encoder internal adopts ASIC devices
- High reliability, long life
- Anti-jamming performance
- Small size, lightweight, compact structure
- Easy installation
- Stainless steel shaft, High resolution, High quality, line interface with waterproof protection
- If you don't have a HAPPY experience, we will make it right for you so that you're 100% satisfied.
- Team Techtonics is happy, when YOU are happy!
Send us an email if you need any assistance.
- Right Product. No Surprises!
- Safe payments via Credit, Debit Cards, wallets, UPI and PayPal
- On-time and safe Delivery
- Real humans on our support helpdesk!
- Tracking number for every order.