This is a simple-to-use Carbon Monoxide (CO) sensor, suitable for sensing CO concentrations in the air. The MQ-7 can detect CO-gas concentrations anywhere from 20 to 2000ppm. This sensor has a high sensitivity and fast response time. The sensor’s output is an analog resistance. The drive circuit is very simple; all you need to do is power the heater coil with 5V, add a load resistance, and connect the output to an ADC. This sensor comes in a package similar to our MQ-3 alcohol sensor, and can be used with the breakout board below.
- High Sensitivity to LPG, iso-butane, propane?
- Small sensitivity to alcohol, smoke?
- Detection Range: 100 – 10,000 ppm iso-butane propane?
- Fast Response Time: <10s?
- Simple drive circuit?
- Heater Voltage: 5.0V?
- Dimensions: 18mm Diameter, 17mm High excluding pins, Pins – 6mm High