Fingerprint Scanner / Sensor module – TTL (GT-511C5)? ?
Fingerprint scanners are awesome. Why use a key when you have one right at the tip of your finger? Unfortunately, they?re usually unreliable or difficult to implement. Well not anymore! We?ve found this great fingerprint module that communicates over TTL Serial so you can easily embed it into your next project. ?
The module itself does all of the heavy lifting behind reading and identifying the fingerprints with an on-board optical sensor and 32-bit CPU. All you need to do is send it simple commands. To get started, just register each fingerprint that you want to store by sending the corresponding command and pressing your finger against the reader three times. The fingerprint scanner can store different fingerprints and the database of prints can even be downloaded from the unit and distributed to other modules. As well as the fingerprint ?template,? the analyzed version of the print, you can also retrieve the image of a fingerprint and even pull raw images from the optical sensor!
This is the updated version of the GT-511 which has an increased memory capacity. The module can store up to 2000 different fingerprints (that’s 10x more than the old version!) and is now capable of 360 degree recognition. The module is small and easy to mount using two mounting tabs on the side of the sensor. The on-board JST-SH connector has four signals: Vcc, GND, Tx, Rx. A compatible JST-SH pigtail can be found in the related items below. Demo software for PC is available in the documents below, simply connect the module to your computer using an FTDI Breakout and start the software to read fingerprints!
Note: The module does not come with a cable, check below for an appropriate one. Dimensions: 37 x 17 x 9.5 mm
- Fingerprint Identification using the SmackFinger 3.0 Algorithm
- Download Fingerprint Images from the Device Read and Write Fingerprint Templates and Databases Simple UART protocol (Default 9600 baud)
- MCU: A1 (ARM Cortex M3 core) ?
- Sensor: optical area fingerprint sensor
- Mechanical dimension? (WxLxH): 17 x 37 x 7.5 (mm) ?
- Effective sensing area: 14 x 12.5 (mm) ?
- Resolution: 450 dpi ?
- Maxium number of fingerprints :?? C5: 2000 sets (fingerprints) ?
- Interface : UART,
- default baud rate=9600 bps after power on ?
- Capable of 1:1 Verification and 1:N Identification
- The size of template: 496 Bytes(template) 2 Bytes(checksum) ?
- FAR ; FRR : 1/100,000 ; 1/1,000 ?
- Enrollment? time ?3 seconds. ?
- Identification time:? C5?1.5 second ;
- Fingerprint press shift for free angle???? 360? ?
- Operating temperature: -20 ~ 60 degree
- Storage temperature & humidity: 60 degree , 90%?3% RH
- Operating voltage : DC 3.3V~6V
- Power consumption : <130 mA ?
Note: The module does come with a cable, check below for an appropriate one.