Because of IoT (Internet of Thing), everything is connected to the Internet, a crucial element is WiFi that provides the wireless connection to the Internet. We have been carrying the ESP module and many have used it. However, it is not user-friendly enough for the beginner. The Cytron ESP8266 WiFi Shield is 3.3V powered and the pins are not properly broken out. Integrating it to PIC or Arduino will require some skill and electronics interface.
With Cytron ESP8266 WiFi Shield it will be plug and use for Arduino user. The Cytron ESP8266 WiFi Shield V2.0 W/ Micro SD Card Slot For Arduino Uno comes pre-assembled with?ESP8266-12?WROOM-02?module which offers WiFi connection to your Arduino board or project.
No additional soldering or wiring needed, just stack the shield on to?UNO;?Mega2560?or any compatible Arduino main board, select the pins for Serial communication with mini jumpers and the hardware connection is completed. The focus in program development, and the good news; there are plenty of libraries that you can utilize, we will show you the steps
The WROOM-02 comes pre-flashed with an AT-command firmware, so it can be controlled by any UART/Serial; but it also breaks out and provides command access to all of the ESP8266?s I/O. The shield itself does not limit to AT command, we have breakout most of the IO and you can program the WROOM-02 module directly.
Whether you want to add AT commands of your own; or flash custom firmware on the ESP8266, this feature may come in very handy especially with it utilizing the UART pin selectors.
UART/Serial communication pins can be configured/selected via mini jumpers
- USB ? Direct to Arduino USB to Serial pin for flashing ESP8266 directly.
- D0/D1 ? Hardware Serial pin of Arduino UNO and CT-UNO.
- D2, D3, D8, D9, D10, D11, D12, D13 ? Software serial pins.
- UNO R3.
- Mega 2560.
- many other Arduino compatible mainboards.
- Separate 3.3V voltage regulator for?ESP8266-12?WROOM-02 module, 500mA max output.
- Each and every board is preassembled and tested before it is being shipped out to you.
- 802.11 b/g/n.
- Support Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP.
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network.
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode.
- Integrated PLL, regulators, DCXO and power management units.
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor.
- Basically, Rev2.0 utilize WROOM-02 instead of ESP8266-12 as the WiFi module.