One thing to note is, this meter has 2 wiring harnesses. One harness is to provide power for the meters, that’s the 2 poles with a RED and a BLACK lead. Small size, portable, the magnitudes of voltage and current are displayed on the same screen at the same time.
This can be supplied?anywhere from 6 volts DC up to 30 VDC. This is a separate power supply that is isolated from the source, it is possible to use the same supply but it seems to affect the amp meter reading. The 3 wire harness is used for a ground which connects directly to the battery or supply ground of the load.
Note: There are two different wiring variant (i.e. yellow wire and Green wire ) with same working functionality is available which will be shipped randomly. Use followings guidelines?according to your version.
CASE 1: Onboard Wiring Instructions for “Yellow” Wire connection
1. Thin Red Wire (VCC): positive pole of power supply input (4.5-30V)
(Note: if the measuring signal is less than 30V and the power is adequate, can be the power supply of module)
2. Thin Black Wire (GND): negative pole of power supply input (4.5-30V, common ground with measuring signal)
3. Green Wire (VIN): positive pole of measuring signal input (0-100V)
4. Thick Red Wire (I+): positive pole of current input (series connect on the power supply cathode)
5. Thick Black Wire (I-): negative pole of current input (series connect on the power supply cathode)
CASE 2: Onboard Wiring Instructions for “Green” Wire connection
(The current range of 10A requires the external shunt connection process)
1. Connect the lines which are not connected well, and do not touch other places.
2. The shunt is connected to the negative pole of the measured system (the shunt itself does not distinguish the direction, and the connection is fixed to the two large screw holes in the distributor.
3. According to the current direction, the green line (+) and the black line (-) of the three lines are respectively screwed on the two small screws of the shunt.
4. Connect the red line of the three lines to the positive pole of the measured system.
5. The power supply line in the two lines is connected to the appropriate power supply (and the voltage between the black lines in the three lines. It is suggested to be connected to the 12V,